Sex Abuse Victim Resources in Pennsylvania & New Jersey
If you’ve been the victim of sexual assault or sexual abuse, you deserve caring and compassionate help. There are many resources available to victims of sex abuse in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Click the links below to be directed to specific pages which list government and non-profit resources for victims of sex abuse and assault.
Pennsylvania: Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Bucks/Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County
New Jersey: North Jersey, South Jersey
From Our Sex Abuse Law Library
- Character Evidence in Pennsylvania or New Jersey Civil Sexual Abuse Lawsuits Learn about the types of character evidence in a sex assault or abuse lawsuit in Pennsylvania or New Jersey: reputation, prior convictions and prior statements.
- Insurance in Pennsylvania and New Jersey Sex Assault or Abuse Lawsuits Can victims seek compensation via commercial insurance policies in a Pennsylvania or New Jersey sex assault/abuse lawsuit? Learn about how general liability insurance policies work in these kinds of lawsuits.
- New Jersey Sexual Assault & Abuse Lawsuits – What the Victim Has to Prove What does the victim in a sex assault or abuse lawsuit in New Jersey have to prove to win the case? The preponderance of the evidence standard is the lowest evidentiary standard. Physical evidence and testimony often varies with each case.
- Pennsylvania & New Jersey Sex Assault Lawsuits – Does the Victim Have to Testify? Does a victim in a sex assault lawsuit in Pennsylvania or New Jersey have to testify in court? This is one of the first questions a victim will ask. After, it’s daunting to think about testifying in open court about the assault and how it affected them. This article explains the odds of a testifying ...
- Pennsylvania Child Molestation Lawsuits Statute of Limitations Law Changes Up For Consideration (Again) 2017 Update Changes to Pennsylvania statute of limitations laws in child sex abuse cases being considered by PA lawmakers again. In the 2017 legislative session, the House and Senate are considering two versions of statute of limitations laws changes.
Free Consultations with Brian Kent, Former Sex Crimes Unit Prosecutor
Brian Kent, former sex crimes unit prosecutor and crime victims civil rights lawyer, is passionate about helping victims of sex abuse. Whether the perpetrator is a priest or member of the clergy, a teacher, coach or relative, Brian offers legal assistance in a caring and compassionate setting.
Sex abuse victim testimonial:
“Words are not enough but thank you very much. On the way home, my wife was the happiest I have seen her in a long time, and she said several times we can’t thank our lawyers enough, and she’s right.”